Wednesday 9 March 2011

Cucumber Crisps

image
Well, this one’s not exactly a recipe and it certainly can’t be called cooking, but it’s something I like to make myself when I get a craving for something to munch on, a snack, preferably crisps. A bowl of cucumber slices, either salted or with chilli sauce, will usually satisfy that craving as effectively as a bowl of crisps would, and it’s considerably healthier, so I like to call it a win.

image image

Just to compare: salt & vinegar crisps (my favourites!) have 525 calories and 33 grams of fat per 100g. Cucumber has about 16 calories and about 1 gram of fat for 100g and the chilli sauce? 145 calories and no fat per 100g, and I don’t even put that much of it over the cucumber. Yay for healthy alternatives, though psst, I’ll admit that sometimes? Cucumber can’t beat a bag of crisps ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment